@KANDIfactory Atlanta, GA
Follow us for all news, interviews and casting updates for Season 1!Http://www.kandifactorycasting.com
MAKING YOUR VIDEO
What do I need?
You will need a video camera and a friend to film you. It looks better than sitting on the couch with the camera propped on some books. J
Please use a MiniDV tape or DVD ONLY. We do NOT accept MiniDVD, Hi-8 or VHS tapes.
How long should my video be?
Up to approximately 10 minutes of unedited footage. No cuts, no fancy transitions – it should be raw footage only.
What should I wear in my video?
Wear something that best represents who you are. Feel free to have fun with it! If you were competing on the show, what would you wear to comfortably move around in? Nothing too sexy/revealing or too baggy, however, we want to see what you're working with.
How do I make my video the best quality possible?
No need to use a professional video service! Have a friend video tape you – please do not hold the camera yourself; we do not want to relive The Blair Witch Project. Make sure we can SEE and HEAR you clearly. Frame the camera from the top of your head to your chest.
What do I put on the video?
TELL US, then SHOW US! There is no "right" or "wrong" thing to say on your tape. The camera tends to suck the energy right out of you, so keep the energy up!! Be as unique as possible.
1. Please start with name, age, occupation, city you currently reside and city you are originally from.
2. If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you’re from, how it’s a part of your personality.
3. what do you do for a living? If you have an interesting job, tell us about it!
4. How would your friends or family describe you? Tell us the good and bad. Funny? Arrogant? Spontaneous? Klutzy? Nerdy?
5. What is something that would surprise us to find out about you?
6. How will you interact with the Kandi? The other participants? When describing yourself, remember to cite real life examples.
7. Who are the most important people in your life? If you’re married or dating or have kids, you may want to show us footage of the people important to you.
8. What has been the toughest obstacle you’ve had to overcome?
9. Would America root for you? Why or why not?
10. What is the most daring and crazy thing you have ever done? Describe the circumstance. If you have video or photographs SHOW US!
11. What is your unique and personal motivation for wanting to be on the show? Explain why you would be an excellent candidate for THE KANDI FACTORY!
FINALLY, PERFORM a song of your choice that showcases your singing and performance ability.
Don’t answer these questions like you think we want you to answer them. BE HONEST! Be yourself on your BEST day with enthusiasm and tons of ENERGY! We are always looking for BIG personalities so don’t be afraid to be BIG!
If you have video or photos of you doing something exciting, send us a copy.
At the end of the tape please zoom the camera out to include a full body shot of you.
DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY STUNTS ON YOUR TAPE.
Your video will be shown on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV. Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
After I make my video, then what?
Label the tape with your name, age, address and phone number.
Guide to Sending Audition Videos Over the Internet
STEP 1 – EXPORT YOUR MOVIE
Your first step is to export your movie out of your editing software or camera. Look for a button or menu item that usually says “Export Movie” or “Save Movie.” If you’re unable to locate this, please refer to your editing software’s manual or the application’s Help menu item.
STEP 2 – COMPRESS YOUR MOVIE
Once you select “Export Movie” or “Save Movie,” most editing applications will give you compression options. Compression makes your video’s file size smaller so that it’s easier to upload and send your files over the Internet. If you have compression options, follow the guideline below. If you’re an advanced user, feel free to experiment with the compression options to improve your video’s quality.
If you need to resize your video Here is a link to a tutorial which may be useful.
ACCEPTABLE VIDEO FORMATS
avi, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, wmv, m4v
STEP 3 – NAME YOUR MOVIE
We handle a lot of audition videos so it’s important that you clearly label your video and case (only DVD, MiniDV will be accepted) with your name, phone number and “THE KANDI FACTORY CASTING”.
STEP 4 – TEST YOUR MOVIE
Once you’ve made your movie, locate the video file and try playing the video. Make you can both see and hear the video.
STEP 5 – UPLOAD YOUR MOVIE AND EMAIL TO US
1. Upload your movie (we prefer www.vimeo.com)
2. Email the links to your movie (and password, if applicable) and completed application to email@example.com. In the subject line type: "your name HT LINKS" (Example: "Jane Doe HT LINKS").
If you don’t have access to the Internet or can’t figure out the best way to upload your video, send your video and COMPLETED APPLICATION the old fashioned way to:
Casting – The Kandi Factory
Attn. Casting Duo
1741 Ivar Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90028